How to Upload Invoices & file GSTR 2 using Offline Tool 2.0
- Once the details are furnished in the tool, select ‘View Summary’ to see the summary of details added across sections. In View Summary’ select ‘Generate File’ to generate Json file to upload the details on GST Portal
- Login on to the GST Portal, select GSTR-2 ‘Prepare offline’ to upload Json file generated by the offline tool.
- The Uploaded file would be subjected again to necessary validation checks and on successful pro-cessing the uploaded details can be accessed on the portal in the different sections on GSTR 2 page.
- You may edit/delete/add the details uploaded to GST portal before submit.
- The details can be uploaded to GST portal multiple times till the GSTR2 is submitted.
- Once all the details have been uploaded for the tax period on GST portal, please preview the summa-rized information as PDF document using “Preview’ button.
- Check the declaration box regarding preview and Click ‘Submit’ on GST portal to furnish the details for tax period.
- Click on File Return button, Check the declaration box, select authorized signatory and attach DSC or provide EVC.
- Message for successful filing will appear and Acknowledgement will get generated, which gets mailed to the registered ID as well as the registered mobile number as a text message to the taxpayer.
Adding Missing Invoices and other Details in Offline Tool for Form GSTR 2
You may add saved invoices in your Form GSTR 2 and add missing invoices and other details not reported by supplier and other details in offline tool by following ways:
- Prepare the GSTR 2 excel file using the downloaded GSTR 2 Excel Template. Then import the entire excel workbook to the offline tool by selecting ‘Import Files’. Click on “New” option and select GSTR 2 and the applicable tax period. Data in all sections (worksheets) of the excel file will be imported to the tool in one go.
- You can do line by line data entry in each section by selecting the relevant section on the offline tool itself.
- Copy from the excel worksheets from the top row including the summary and header S. pasting it in the designated box in the ‘Import Returns-one section at time’ under ‘Import Files’ section in offline tool.
- Section by section data upload of a particular return – using a .CSV file as per the format given along with the offline tool. This option is available in the ‘Import Returns-one section at a time’ under ‘Import Files’ section in offline tool.