Correcting JSON file processed with error using GSTR 4 Offline Tool
1) In case of validation failure of one or more details upon processing of uploaded JSON file on the GST portal, status will be updated as ‘Processed with Error’
2) Click the link to Generate error report.
3) Once the report is generated, click link to download the error report.
4) Error report is downloaded in .zip file. Save error report on your system.
5) Unzip the files from .zip folder. To unzip the files, right click on the .zip folder downloaded, and select “Extract All”
6) The Unzipped folder contains two JSON files
- (returns_ <Date> _R4_ <GSTIN> _offlinelson) with records processed successfully on GST Portal
b.(returns_ <Date> _R4_ <GSTIN>errorReport.json ) with records processed with error on GST Portal
7) Select both the files there and click on open 1.e both the error file and the records processed successfully file have to be selected together and opened together.
8) Both the successfully processed as well as error records would be visible in the different worksheets. Correct the errors as mentioned in the column °GST Portal Validation Errors” in each sheet.
9) After making the corrections, Validate the sheets. After each worksheet is successfully validated, click on ‘Get Summary’ to update the summary on Home tab.
10) If the summary is satisfactory Click on ‘Generate JSON File to upload’ to generate JSON file for upload of GSTR-4 return details prepared offline on GST portal.
Downloading JSON file using GSTR 4 Offline Tool
1) One can also download the earlier uploaded file and open it in the Offline tool using “Open Downloaded GSTR-4 JSON File” and modify, delete or correct the earlier declared values and again generate the JSON file and upload to the GST portal.
2) For filing the GSTR 4 on the portal Click INITIATEFILING, declare the aggregate turnover values of last financial year and the first quarter of this financial year.
3) Click “preview” to view the pdf summary of the uploaded details. It can also be downloaded for verification.
4) If the preview is satisfactory, check the declaration box and submit. Once submitted no change can be made in the uploaded data.
5) After successful Submit, the taxpayer needs to click the utilize cash button to make payment of all liabilities in a single go.
6) The details of the debit entries in the cash ledger can be seen by clicking the debit entries tiles.
7) After successful discharge of the liabilities the taxpayer has to click “File Return” select authorized signatory and file with DSC/EVC as applicable.
Uploading JSON file using GSTR 4 Offline Tool
1) Login on the GST portal and navigate to the GSTR 4 tab clicking Return >Return Dashboard > Selecting the Tax period.
2)Click on Prepare Offline button on the GSTR 4 Tile.
3)Click on Choose File and select the JSON file generated by the GSTR 4 offline tool for that tax period.
4)The uploaded JSON file would be validated and processed.
5)It is possible to upload JSON multiple times on GST portal till submission.
That’s all for JSON file using GSTR 4 Offline Tool. Keep Sharing.