Guide for GST Enrolment for Service tax assesses. Step by Step Guide for GST Enrolment for all the Central Excise assesses. All existing Central Excise and Service Tax assesses are shifted to the new GST starting 7th of Jan 2017. To migrate into new GST law , assesses are provided with a Provisional ID and Password by Central board of excise and custom.
All Assesses who are having a valid PAN associated with their registration were only provided with new Provisional IDs. An assessee will not be provided a Provisional ID in the following cases:
- The PAN associated with the registration is unvalid
- The PAN is registered with a State Tax authority & Provisional ID has been supplied by the said State Tax authority.
- There are multiple Central Excise/Service Tax registrations on the same Permanent Account Number in a State. In this case only 1 Provisional ID would be issued for the 1st registration in the alphabetical order provided any of the above two conditions are not met.
All assessees need to use the given Provisional ID and Password to logon to the Common GST Portal i.e (https://www.gst.gov.in) where they would be required to fill and submit the Form 20 along with all the necessary supporting documents. All the necessary documents are listed in the end of this article
Steps by step Guide for GST Enrolment for existing Central Excise & Service Tax Assessees
Step 1 :- Logon to ACES portal using your existing ACES User ID and Password.
Step 2:- Either follow the link to get the new GST Provisional ID and Password or you can navigate using the Menu on the site
Step 3:- Note the Provisional ID and password that is provided. but, In case a Provisional ID is not provided, please refer the Next Step section.
In case of any further doubt you can contact the CBEC Helpdesk at either 1800-1200-232 or email at email@example.com
List of Documents Required for GST Enrolment :-
- You’re business detail
- Registration certificate
- Partnership deed (if applicable)
- Photograph of each promoters/partners
- Proof of appointment and photograph of authorised signatory
- Address proof of all principal / additional places of business
- Statement/first page for all bank accounts
In case of any confusion, difficulty or query, please contact your own jurisdictional Central Excise /Service Tax officers or you can simply call the following help-desk numbers below :-
- CBEC : 1800-1200-232.
- GSTN: 0124 – 4688999
Or you can also send your queries on this mail ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep visiting gstportal.in for all the latest updates on GST